SCAN – Small Claims Analysis Net is a EU funded project coordinated by University of Naples Federico II, involving other 8 partners in a consortium.
Our aim is to highlight the added value of the European Small Claim Procedure (ESCP), a procedure designed to simplify and speed up cross-border claims of up to €5000 and available to litigants as an alternative to the procedures existing under the laws of the Member States.
This objective is supported by a number of sub-objectives:
- To collect data concerning ESCP at the national level in cross-border contexts to determine the best practices and the related implementation problems;
- To identify the strength and the weaknesses of the new Reg. 2015/2421;
- To compare such best practices and find common patterns, if any;
- To develop harmonized guidelines in order to enhance awareness among EU citizens, judges and lawyers about the added value of ESCP in the national systems involved;
- To ensure EU-wide dissemination of the above and the related training needs;
- To create a platform where it’s possibile take information about ESCP.
In particular, SCAN will collect and analyse data of ESCP’s state of art in each Member State of the consortium; will provide harmonized guidelines and dissemination/awareness of the raising activities through its network at international level.
SCAN will extend the state of knowledge on the implementation of ESCP, will raise citizens’ awareness, will facilitate harmonized procedures in implementing the regulation and will list training needs for judges and lawyers.
To make SCAN project user-friendly and in touch with people You can follow the project on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Our aim is to go into people’s filter bubbles, creating a strong network of citizens, academics and legal practitioners interested in our project and, above all, the European Small Claims Procedure.
Twitter and LinkedIn accounts are needed, in order to publish project information, news and results and spread the materials of the project.
To follow Scan Project on Twitter click on @scaneuproject
To follow Scan Project on LinkedIn Account Profile click on Scan Project
To follow Scan Project on LinkedIn Account Page click on Project SCAN